Senior Systems Developer
Posted: June 26 2014
Cars.com, the leading destination for car shoppers, is ALL DRIVE and we want employees who are confident, driven and all in. We appreciate and understand how individual efforts contribute to our success - every member of the Cars.com family plays a role in driving our business forward We are big enough to provide abundant resources and small enough for you to make an immediate impact. Feeling confident? Have the drive? Join us.
Cars.com is owned by Classified Ventures, LLC.
We are looking for a passionate senior developer who is creative, motivated, and enjoys working in a collaborative environment. You should be prepared to face a wide variety of challenges, including both front and back-ends of web development. If you are interested in working with a group of talented people in a casual setting in downtown Santa Monica, please read on.
- Back-end development for deployment automation using Python and other tools
- Supporting several dozen PostgreSQL and MySQL databases instances
- Supporting PHP and Java legacy systems and work to rewrite and re-architect them in Python
- Maintaining software development best practices, including: proper documentation, code reviews, writing unit tests, etc.
- Researching and integrating emerging technologies
- Troubleshooting and bug fixing live software systems
- Help manage up to 3 projects at the same time
- Provide guidance and solid feedback to more junior team members
- Provide architectural leadership and advice to the team
- 4+ years of recent Object Oriented development experience
- 2+ years of Python experience (or Java/Ruby/PHP with a desire to learn Python)
- 4+ years of working SQL knowledge with MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL
- 5+ years of working knowledge of Linux/BSD (Debian, Ubuntu, Gentoo, RedHat, FreeBSD)
- Working knowledge of modern source control such as Subversion, Git, or Mercurial
- Collaborative work ethic
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Eager learner; we are happy to teach you new skills and technologies
- Familiarity with ORMs (SQLAlchemy, DjangoORM, Storm, Hibernate, etc.)
- Familiarity with OO Design Patterns (e.g. Gang of Four)
- Familiarity upgrading legacy systems
- 4 year degree in Computer Science, Math or related field
Please submit your resume here: https://classifiedventures.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobInfo&version=1&jobid=219903
Classified Ventures, LLC, Apartments.com and Cars.com are Equal Opportunity Employers