2016 GMC Sierra 3500HD Overview
The GMC Sierra 2500HD and 3500HD heavy-duty pickup trucks were redesigned last year. They are the true workhorses of the Sierra lineup and are designed for hauling heavy payloads and towing trailers up to 23,200 pounds.
For 2016, available digital steering assist power steering provides greater responsiveness and improved steering feel, according to GMC. A new Gooseneck/Fifth Wheel Trailering Prep Package includes a spray-in bedliner.
Also newly available are Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, which allow mirroring of certain smartphone apps on the dashboard touch-screen. A remote locking tailgate and wireless phone charging are also available. What's Special
- Standard 360-hp, 6.0-liter V-8
- Available 301-hp, 6.0-liter V-8 (compressed natural gas or gasoline)
- Available 397-hp, turbo-diesel 6.6-liter V-8 with 765 pounds-feet of torque
- Maximum towing capacity of 20,000 pounds with a conventional trailer hitch
- Maximum fifth-wheel or gooseneck towing capacity of 23,200 pounds
Overview courtesy of Cars.com